Preparatory Classes For International Students (AEIS)
Preparatory Classes for International Students Seeking Entry into Singapore Schools
- We are a division of Mainspring Learning Centre LLP catering to students from ASEAN countries who plan to take the Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS) Examinations in Singapore. This examination is compulsory for students who wish to study in Singapore.
- Our mission and goal is to develop bright and capable students by bringing world-class education to ASEAN families, ensuring that our students are given the best holistic environment for learning.
- With extensive experience, we strive to make the best experience for our pupils. Supported by people who have experience and expertise in various fields such as event management, early childhood education, and teachers that are qualified by the Ministry of Education, Singapore, we are committed to our mission and goals.
- Through our diagnostic tests handcrafted by our qualified teachers, we are able to gauge the level and standard your child is currently at. We will then provide coaching services to fit the needs of the child through a 4- week or 16 – week intensive study session in Singapore.
- The AEIS and S-AEIS entrance examinations are conducted for international students who wish to study in a Singapore school. Do note that admission is not guaranteed, and is subject to the applicant’s performance in the centralised test on English and Mathematics.
About the AEIS and S-AEIS Examinations
- Generally, students of age 6-14+ are admitted into Singaporean schools. More information can be found at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students .
- The AEIS exams are held in Singapore in September or October every year, with the aim of enrolment of successful candidates into their desired education level the following year. Enrolment and Application of the candidates for the AEIS exams usually start in July and end in August.
- The S-AEIS exams are held in Singapore in February or March every year for International Students who are unable to make it for the AEIS exams, with the aim of enrolment of successful candidates into their desired education level in April or May of the same year. Enrolment and Application of the candidates for the AEIS exams usually start and end in January.
- Application for S-AEIS Test: 2-23 JAN 2018
- Registration for Mainspring’s S-AEIS Preparatory Programme 2018: 2-23 JAN 2018*
- Dates of Exam: 27 FEB OR 28 FEB OR 1 MAR 2018**
* Applications must be submitted to us by 23 Jan to facilitate submission by 26 Jan to MOE.
**Only one date will be chosen based on your child’s level of education tested.
- Mainspring’s S-AEIS Preparatory Programme 2018 involves a 4-week intensive study session in Singapore at S$2,000 / child (excluding airfare, food and lodging)*. The children will study from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Mainspring Singapore’s branches. Special teaching involving hybrid 1:1 and group tuition will be conducted, with emphasis on the usage of our special Mathematics methods.
* Mainspring can arrange for food and lodging upon request, for a nominal sum of money.
About Education in Singapore
- Children generally begin formal education in Singapore at the age of 7. They will then study for 6 years in Primary School to a level of Primary 6. At the age of 12, they will take the Primary School Leaving Examinations, and proceed into Secondary School for 4 or 5 years of education, with the GCE ‘O’ Level Certificate being awarded. After Secondary school, usually at 16/17 years of age, students will enter a tertiary pre-university institution for 2 or 3 years of education, with the GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate being awarded, or a Diploma from a Polytechnic. From there, they will proceed to University to study a Bachelors’ Degree.
For more information, and to register your child/ward for the Mainspring S-AEIS Preparatory Programme 2018, please contact us at:
Whatsapp Message: +65 9644 6361 / +65 8632 3036